The property inspection companies provide a vital service to Property and Casualty Insurance carriers by conducting field inspections to collect data to assess and manage risk. Unfortunately, the entire inspection process is never completely automated. Many aspects of the inspection workflow, data collection and processes are not integrated, resulting in repetitive data entry and/or loss of data. There is no “one-stop” solution that brings everything under “one roof”. This substantially reduces the productivity of staff in both field and office, reduces the consistency of data collection and report preparation, increases the turnaround time of inspection and ultimately increases the cost of the inspections.
Digitek offers an online Inspection Management web application, called Web-enabled Relational Database System (WRDS). The WRDS application is a state-of-the-art, web-based business solution that makes all information about an inspection available at the click of a button from anywhere and at any time. Configurable for inspections for both Personal and Commercial Lines, WRDS system provides dramatic increases in productivity for field inspectors, QA staff and Management staff.
- Customer Users (usually Insurance Company or an Underwriting department) can order inspections online.
- User can add special instructions, re-use Agent and/or Underwriter information or order multiple inspections.
- User can track the complete lifecycle of an order (order entry, order assignment, inspection, quality assurance and closing of an order) in real time.
- User can communicate with the Inspection Company or Loss Control manger for a specific order and save all communications related to an inspection as part of the permanent record.
- User can download completed inspection reports in a consistent, clean, customized electronic format.
- User can generate aggregate or drill-down reports (Insured-to-Value reports, Inspection Turnaround report, etc.).
- An Administrative section allows a Super User to manage agent and underwriter master tables, manage individual user access levels and add and remove users, as necessary.
- WRDS makes it possible to transfer inspection data to customer’s Policy Management System or Imaging System by building a customized interface.
- Inspectors receive all new orders instantaneously, including those which are rejected by QA for corrections
- Inspector has a single-click access to a list of all new orders and pending orders
- Inspector can sort pending orders by multiple criteria and print selected order tickets for field use
- Inspector can create a round trip map using Google Maps with a single click or export inspection addresses into Microsoft Streets and Trips.
- Inspector can download blank forms for field use.
- Inspector uses intuitive, easy-to-use graphical user interface for completion of inspection data entry online.
- Inspector can use a fully integrated sketching tool to draw the sketch, calculate the area and populate all area-related fields on the inspection form to reduce data entry time and eliminate calculation errors.
- Inspector can add extra forms or riders as necessary.
- Inspector can easily closeout any one part of a multi-part inspection or the entire inspection.
- Inspector can upload any number of digital photos directly on the order with just a few clicks.
- WRDS has automated inspection fee preparation and submission to save time and increase accuracy.
- Inspector can view all submitted invoices as well as approved invoices at the click of a button.
- Office module allows the Inspection Company’s management team to completely manage the inspection lifecycle.
- Office User can enter inspection orders online or import multiple orders with a single click.
- User can allocate orders to individual Inspectors based on business criteria (type of inspection, geographical territory, work load, etc.) with a single click.
- User can track status of inspections at various stages, communicate with Inspector and/or Customer about a specific inspection for status update, or request additional information.
- User can perform quality assurance on completed inspections and make changes in data.
- User can calculate replacement cost at the click of a button using leading replacement cost service providers such as Marshall Swift, E2Value or ISO.
- User can review completed inspection report, including all customized formatting, photos, sketch and replacement cost breakdown.
- User can send the automatically completed inspection report, including all customized formatting, photos, sketch and replacement cost breakdown for distribution to Customer at the click of a button.
- User can set up rules for customized file naming conventions depending on individual Customer’s requirements.
- User can re-assign inspections from one inspector to another inspector; re-open an order that was closed previously or allocate/re-assign completed inspections to individual QA user.
- User can process Customer Invoices and Inspector Fees quickly, easily and accurately.
- User can easily compile summary reports (Inspection Turnaround report, ITV report, Liability report, Hazard report, etc.).
- An Office Super User can set up and manage individual user’s data including add, remove, change user data and access level as well as set up and manage Customer and Inspector master data.
- Other features include sending memos to Inspectors and/or other HQ Users on general topics, maintaining and sharing office calendar, uploading field inspection forms and other documents (for download by Inspectors) and much, much more.
- “It is a powerful management tool that enables us to stay one step ahead of the competition.”
Brian McKendry, President, JMI Reports, Inc.
- “I have worked for many companies and on many systems – the WRDS system blows them all away.”
Jeff Sensoli, Field Inspector, JMI Reports, Inc.
- “Not only has it changed our entire business system and structure, [WRDS] has …brought us plenty of new clients and business ...”
Tim McKendry, Vice President, JMI Reports, Inc.
- “The team at Digitek has been very responsive and great to work with... [and] the customer feedback we have received has been very positive.”
Susan Manupelli, Vice President, DataRep Associates